STEMS is committed to protecting your privacy.
We respect your personal information and will only use the information that we collect about you lawfully (in accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998 and its subsequent revisions).
We collect information about you in order to process your order and to provide you with our services.
We keep any personal data we collect safe and secure and we will only share it with others where we need their help to deliver our services (such as our delivery drivers, who may need your name and address to deliver your purchases).
We will never share your information in any other circumstance, nor will we sell it on elsewhere.
We will not e-mail you unless you have given us your consent (except to confirm orders).
We will give you the chance to refuse any marketing e-mail from us in the future.
Here are more details:
1. THE DATA WE COLLECT
As a data controller we collect a variety of data in order to deliver our services to you and we will manage your personal data transparently, fairly and securely.
We may ask you to provide us with the following data: first and last names, postal address and postcode, telephone number(s), email and IP addresses, and financial information such as credit/debit card numbers. We may also use and manage photographic images with your prior consent.
We use this data to deliver our services to you, for marketing purposes to promote and advertise our business and to personalise your experience.
2. HOW WE COLLECT DATA
We collect data in the following ways:
- data is given to us by you
- data is collected automatically.
- you contact us via the website, telephone, post, email, social media channels or any other means
- you set up an account to receive our products and services
- you make payments to us through this website or otherwise
- you enter a competition or promotion through this website or a social media channel
- you complete surveys that we use for research purposes
- you elect to receive marketing communications from us
- you use our services.
Data that is collected automatically may be collected via cookies on our website. Cookies are small pieces of data that websites send to a user’s computer and are stored on the user’s web browser. They are designed to enable the website to remember information, such as what a user might have put in a shopping cart. This information helps us to deliver and improve our services to you and to personalise your experience. You can usually modify your browser to prevent this happening should you wish.
3. HOW WE USE YOUR DATA
We use your data to provide you with the best possible service and experience.
Data may be used by us to:
- maintain our internal record keeping
- deliver and improve our products and services
- to pass on marketing materials that may be of interest to you, with your consent.
4. WHO WE SHARE YOUR PERSONAL DATA WITH
Your information, such as your name, address, email address and phone number, may be shared with other suppliers, who are but are not limited to:
- our employees
- delivery personnel
- professional advisors
- payment processors.
There are also certain situations in which we may share access to your personal data without your explicit consent; for example, if required by law, to protect life or an individual, or to comply with any valid legal process, government request, rule or regulation.
5. WHY WE SHARE YOUR PERSONAL DATA WITH THE ABOVE
Information is sometimes shared with third parties to help fulfil and deliver our services, according to our agreed contract. Additionally information regarding Stems services may be shared with our accountant. All third parties, unless specified, are based within the EEA.
6. HOW WE KEEP YOUR PERSONAL DATA SECURE
The date we keep will be held securely in accordance with our internal security policy (including the use of passwords and anti-virus software, and by storing your information on secure servers when submitted online) and English law. Online payment details are encrypted using SSL technology.
If you suspect any misuse, loss or unauthorised access of your Data, please let us know immediately by contacting: firstname.lastname@example.org
7. DATA RETENTION
8. YOUR RIGHTS
Under data protection law, you have the right:
- to be informed about the collection and use of your personal data
- to access your personal data and any supplementary information
- to have any inaccuracies in your personal data rectified
- to have your personal data erased
- to block or suppress the processing of your personal data
- to request that we move, copy or transfer your personal data
- to object to our use of your personal data.
You are not required to pay any charge for exercising these rights. If you make a request, we have one month to respond to you.
STEMS OF LONDON
You may also complain to the ICO if you are unhappy with how we use your data: www.ico.org.uk
Completed: May 2018
Updated: January 2022